"A Busy Year"
- You will need several copies of A Busy Year for this center.
- This is an activity geared toward beginner readers. They will read the story getting help as needed.
- They will then make their own accordion style mini-story book to retell the events from Leo Lionni's book. They can make a title page and then each successive page will be a new month. They should write the name on the top of each page and then write a sentence about that specific month.
- Encourage them to write using inventive spelling if necessary.
- You may want to have the step-by-step instructions written out at the center.