Consumer Price Index
Make a list of questions about this Consumer Price Index Graph for your students to answer. It shows how the prices have changed from 1915 to today. This is a good way to have your students get experience with reading graphs as well as learning a little about economics. Here are some sample questions:
- What is the difference in price between 1915 and 1998? Was it more expensive or less expensive to buy the same product in 1915 or 1998?
- In what year was the value closest to one dollar? Two dollars? Three dollars?
- What year was closest to 1/4 of 1990's price index?
- Between 1975 and 1985, what was the average raise in price per year?
- What was the highest percent-increase during any 5-year period?