Surf the World
- Give your students practice using the Internet. If you have Internet access in your room, then great; if not, students can go to the school's computer room, library, or wherever Internet access is available, in small groups.
- Give them a list of questions about other countries such as:
- On what continent will you find the city of Cairo?
- What is the population of Singapore?
- What religion is most common in China?
- Instruct them to go to the CIA World Factbook site.
- Here they can search for the answers to these questions, learn about other countries, and practice using the Internet.
- You may also want to provide a world map outline for them. They can label all of the countries and cities that are referred to in your questions. Click here for a reproducible world map.